I know I know but I can't help it! Half the time I don't even realise I'm doing it and the other half I'm so engrossed in trying to get it all off in one go... I know it's bad for my nails and I need help....
Exhibit A. On the left we have my hand at approximately 3.40pm yesterday afternoon and I sent a Twitter call for help to make me stop. On the right is my hand an hour later and I don't even remember picking off the rest of it..... I am desperate and can't see myself ever stopping... I am a picker offer addict...
Thankfully, I have a load of products on hand (har har) to help me keep my nails in shape between sessions of polish picking offing. Wanna see?
From left to right we have:
1. Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream (€19.83). This is a classic and I am obsessed with it. I have three full tubes of it and stock up whenever I'm in the airport. Love it and always will. It's Lovely Mammy Bits' favourite hand cream hands down (har har, sorry).
2. OPI Nail Envy (€21.96). This was a very generous gift from the fab CherrySue and you can read her review of it here!
3. Sally Hansen Compete Care 4 in 1 Treatment (€10.95 from pharmacies nationwide). This is a base coat, top coat, growth activator and will make you a cup of tea after dinner (not really). Loving this and as a top coat, it's fantastic for keeping the chippage at bay! And that's what I need help with. The first sign of a chip and I'm gone picking.
4. Seche Rebuild Nail Treatment (€11.95). This helps stop nails from peeling which is a major problem for me. Along with being a nail polish picker, I'm also a nail peeler. I KNOWWWW I'm terrible.....
5. Human & Kind all-in-one family remedy cream (€22.95). Along with being a one stop shop for all skin ailments and for every member of the family, it helps brittle nails and that's what I need. It's very strange, the nails on my index finger and middle finger on both hands break and peel so much. If it was all the nails I'd say it was a deficiency in something, but any ideas what would make just those ones peel like that?
Ok, fess up, do you peel your nail polish off? Don't leave me hanging, I can't be the only one to admit I'm a nail polish picker offer!