My name is Karen and I'm a beauty junkie. So here goes.
You know you're a beauty junkie when....
1. You can ream off every product you're wearing on your face and nails like you're saying your name and address.I'm talking brand and shade if you please. Friend - "Oh that's a lovely colour on your nails". You - "Why thank you friend, sure isn't it only Sally Hansen 4 in 1 Complete Care as a base coat, then two coats of Essie's Bermuda Shorts followed by a coat of Seche Vite". Friend thinks "Note to self, don't say nothin' about nail polish in the future."
2. You can't stay faithful no matter how much you want to.You've found the most amazing product ever in life. Let's say it's a mascara for example. It's your Holy Grail and you are in The Love with it. Your lashes have never looked longer, fuller, thicker and everywhere you go, people are asking you what you're wearing on them. You smugly tell them the name of it and revel in the joy that they're all buying it because of you. You know you're going to purchase it again and again due to Holy Grail status and when you're at the beauty counter ready to buy, what do you do? You of course buy a different one. What if there's a better one out there and you just haven't tried it yet? And the cycle continues.
3. You use the phrase "Holy Grail" without talking about Indiana Jones.
4. You carry around a shop with you.You're looking around your handbag for that 20 cent you need to make up the rest of your bus fare. You know it's in there. You caught a glimpse of it just a second ago. To speed things up, you start to empty your bag so you can see a bit better. 30 seconds later, your bag is empty, your 20 cent has been found and your desk looks like this.
So that's where your Chanel gloss was! You find things you totally forgot you had didn't know you'd been missing but as the song goes, you're "reunited and it feels so good!"
5. You can't do a clear out.After the above event, you are overcome with the realisation that you don't need to carry 15 lip products around with you. No wonder you're getting shoulder pain, carrying what is essentially a lipstick stand on your person. You decided that it's time to empty out your bag and only carry around the bare essentials. You feel great. Your bag has been spring cleaned and you can now run for the bus as you're a stone lighter. Only thing is, you find yourself checking you have your wallet and phone in your bag. Your bag feels strangely light and now you find yourself wanting to wear that gloss you wore about 18 months ago and have been carrying around with you in case you wanted to wear it. And look! You were right! You knew that at one point you'd need it some day and be raging you didn't have it and it happened. It's time to load your handbag back up with your lipstick essentials. Phew
So tell moi, do you relate to any of these? Are you a beauty junkie loud and proud?!