There are so many Slimming World recipes that most members rave about and one I have really wanted to try was the Taco Fries recipe. I've never had taco fries before so I had no expectations but it turned out to be so easy and very tasty too.
Ingredients (serves 4, but I had less mince so it served 2 perfectly)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne chilli powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sweetner
1 tsp dried oregano
Mix all the seasoning ingredients together and leave aside.
600g less than 5% fat minced beef (we used 250g for 2 people which was plenty)
2 small red onions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. Worchester sauce
1 beef stock cube
4 large potatoes chipped
120g red cheddar, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200 and line a tin with baking paper, lay chips out and spray with frylight, bake for 35-40mins, turning half way throughout and re-spray, until golden.
2. Fry the onion and pepper in frylight until soften.
3. Add the beef and fry until lightly browned.
4. Add the spice mix and stir well, add Worchester sauce and crumble in beef stock
5. Add the tin of tomatoes and stir well, adding a little water if sauce looks dry.
6. Simmer for 20 mins.
This is where we left it as I didn't want taco sauce or cheese, but for those that do, here you go!
3 tablespoons of extra light mayo
3 tablespoons of fat free natural yogurt
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 tsp cayenne chilli pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
3-4 tablespoon water
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients well until smooth and combined. Add more or less water depending on your own taste.
Take a bowl/plate. Layer chips first, then mince sauce, then taco sauce and then cheese and voila!
You don't have to stick to the recipe too much. I only had white onions and a yellow pepper and it was very tasty. I had nothing to line the baking tray with so when I tried to turn the chips they were all stuck. I nearly threw them out but I just scrapped them off, half were stuck to the try, but by the 35 mins came about, it meant they were cooked to perfection and even had loads of crispy bits too which were gorgeous!
Let me know if you try this and how you find it!