Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer - Luminous Bronze review, photos

After Hourglass brought out their Ambient Lighting Powders, then blushes, it was only a matter of time before they brought out bronzers.  Now I'm wondering if they're working on highlighters because I can't get enough from them!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up the lighter of the two Ambient Lighting Bronzers, Luminous Bronze, in Space NK Grafton Street.  It was €48, crazy price altogether, but Hourglass have never let me down and I knew this would be the last thing I'd be buying in a while as I'm back on the spending ban.

She is only gorgeous.  This is a bronzer that will make you glow, so if you're on the market for something matte, you'll have to look elsewhere.  I've been embracing the healthy bronzed glow this year and Luminous Bronze is a huge contender for the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow I tell you!  Like the blushes, this is a marbleised powder filled with "Photoluminescent technology" which sounds very fancy schmancy.  In normal words, it'll give your skin radiance while giving a bronzed glow.  I'm giving J Lo a run for her money in the glowy department!

The swatch on the back of my hand below looks scary.  I wanted to show you what a proper thick swatch looks like, but when you see it on my face, you'll see that there's nothing to worry about.  I didn't want you to go into the shop, swatch it, think it was too orange and put it back.  And you'd think that if you saw this initially.  Be not afraid lads.

This bronzer is seriously pigmented.  The first time I used it, I did a bit of swirly action with my brush, lashed it on and then nearly had heart failure!  So what I've learned that works for me is to get a brush like the Real Techniques Blush Brush and lightly press each side into the powder before having at it on the cheeks.  That's all you'll need but if you feel you want more, then add more.  It's easier to apply another layer than to remove too much.

Luminous Bronze warms up my complexion beautifully and I like to take it under the cheekbone, along the top of the forehead, along the temples and the nose and basically colour in my entire face with it.  It leaves me looking sun kissed, healthy and glowing while giving life to my skin.  This is the amount I'd use during the day, but if I'm heading out at night, I lash on a bit more because the soft focus finish it gives is beautiful in photos.

The powder is so finely milled that it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up, unless I lose the run of myself and apply too much.  This is definitely one to check out if you're looking to treat yourself because it's pure luxury, in price and in performance and I can't get enough of it....

It's available on the Space NK website and in stores now and I'm wondering if I need the darker one...

Share:

23 comments

1. I ordered this online yesterday & it worked out at €59!! Ripped off compared to buying it in Grafton St!! It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I can't help but cringe at the price!! xx

2. SharonCoffee GalMay 26, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Just stunning on Karen :)

ReplyDelete
  3. arrrrhhhhhhhh I need this! I was going to pick it up in London, but its £42 and €48 here so logically it would be cheaper to pick up here. Seeing from the comment below Beauty Lane paid €59 with conversion. Either way it shall be mine, looks amazing on you. :)

ReplyDelete
  4. I swear to GOD I will have heart failure if mine doesn't arrive soon, I swapped with someone in America for it and I am about two days short of hanging round the post office at 7am. I love it. I LOVVVEE ITTT.

5. Siobhan Mary LeonardMay 26, 2015 at 5:58 PM

WOW Karen you actually look like you've a tan! Looks amazing.
    Siobhan xx

6. It looks amazing on you and super natural at the same time x

Beauty with charm

ReplyDelete
  7. I have to lol at your "spending bans" - this one went well so! I'm officially the last person in the world to own Ambient anything. Tut.
    Becca | theBeautyInbox

8. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:11 AM

I know! I think I'm on a perpetual spending ban!! You need to try sommat from them Rebecca, sooooo boodyfulll!

9. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:12 AM

It's so natural isn't it? After I learned not to pack it on! ;)

10. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM

I'm hedging towards tantastic aren't I? ;P It's gorgeous on the skin x

11. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Ok, I'm lighting a candle for you today because this needs to be on your face asap, ps, feckin loving your Snapchats!

12. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Let me know when you pick it up, can't wait to hear what others think of it :)

13. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Thanks missus, amazing what a bitta slap and blending can do eh ;P

14. Karen (lovelygirliebits)May 27, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Blood exchange rates eh? I wonder will Space NK ever start up an Irish site for those not near town. Just think of how gorgeous you'll look with this on missus!

ReplyDelete
  15. Argh! Two more weeks to pay day! Must. Not. Shop.

ReplyDelete
  16. If I'd seen your post before ordering I would have just phoned Space NK in Dublin! Ah well, lesson learnt! Can't wait to get it! xx

ReplyDelete
  17. According to tracking it's in a post office in Connecticut, SAKE!! Love yours too, was looking at the garnier stuff literally thinking "ah ya sap" then you said it 😂

ReplyDelete
  18. It does look gorgeous and very natural on you, I'm just not sure I'd want to make the splurge. I wasn't sure the powder was worth it but I really love the blushes so I'm in two minds! xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so amazing, but by Gawd dang it, it's expensive :(. It looks so fab on you x

20. *Does not need another bronzer. Wants this one.*

21. Karen (lovelygirliebits)June 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Story of my life Nic... Already contemplating the darker one like the lunatic I am!

22. Karen (lovelygirliebits)June 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I know but think about it, you're going to push a human person out of you and mamma needs her cheeks to look fab! ;P

23. Karen (lovelygirliebits)June 3, 2015 at 9:05 AM

I hear you, I saw the swatches on Temptalia and knew I'd have to get it, just to try and also for the blog! Maybe go in and get them to put it on you and see what you think, it's a huge investment so deffo one to research properly

ReplyDelete

© Lovely Girlie Bits - Best Irish Beauty Blog Image Magazine Blog Awards & Aussie Blog Awards 2014 | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig