I took to the internet to see if there was a Slimming World friendly version of this tasty treat and after finding a recipe on Pinterest, I still need to see who originally posted it and give them credit, I've tweaked it a little bit after making it twice. So feel free to tweak away yourself. That sounded rude.
- Slimming World chips - Chop up Rooster potatoes into whatever shape you like, boil for a couple of minutes, before draining and letting them steam themselves dry for a few minutes. Spray with Frylight and place in a hot oven, gas mark 7-9 for approximately 30 minutes, checking them at the 15 minute mark to turn if need be.
- Chicken diddies
- 1 egg, beaten
- Half a sachet of Smash or any instant mashed potato
- 1 chicken OXO cube crumbled
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chili flakes
You can adjust the seasonings to taste so if you like it hotter, add more cayenne pepper.
Mix the instant mashed potato, salt, garlic granules, chicken OXO cube and cayenne pepper together to form the seasoning for the chicken.
Dip the chicken breast into the beaten egg before dipping it into the seasoning mix, coating it fully. It will look like this and smell incredible already.
Place into the oven with the potatoes and bake for 30 minutes, checking to see it's cooked through.
When the chicken and chips are nearly done, start frying off the onions and peppers in Frylight for about five minutes, softening them slightly. Then add the chips into the pan, followed by the chicken sliced up and mix well. At this point you can add more garlic salt or garlic granules if need be along with chili flakes. Fry for a couple more minutes and that's it!
It is the perfect weekend treat and will most definitely take the edge off if you're craving something bold. I need to check if the instant mashed potato should be synned or not and will update the post. I used half a sachet for this recipe but had lots left over, so next time I'll use even less. And even if I don't make the whole recipe, I'll definitely do chicken like this again! It'll be gorgeous with a salad and I can pretend it's KFC!
Let me know if you make it and tag me in any photos because I love seeing people's recreations!